The 2 and 2 Challenge is a call-to-action for local associations and rink facilities. It is a blueprint that guides youth hockey leadership through national programs and tools to realize their goal of acquiring 2 additional players and retaining 2 additional players than the previous season’s total.
By participating in the 2 and 2 Challenge, your program will be accomplishing two things:
- You will drive participation in the 8 & under age group and ensure that your program continues to grow as these players graduate to older age levels.
- Your association will establish itself not just as the best hockey program locally, but as the best youth sports option in your community!
To complete the 2 and 2 Challenge, committed associations will utilize programs that emphasize the main driving forces of growth – Retention, Acquisition & Conversion.
- Retention: Welcome Back Week — Sep. 15th – 21st
- Acquisition: Try Hockey For Free Days — Nov. 8th & Feb. 21st
- Conversion: Transition Programs — Begins shortly after your Try Hockey For Free Day
If you take advantage of our national programs (Welcome Back Week, Try Hockey For Free Days and host a Transition Program), your association will be recognized as achieving the 2 and 2 Challenge and be rewarded with the following:
- National recognition from USA Hockey
- Banner for display in your rink
- Four (4) sets of Starter Equipment
All Seasons/Sabre Hockey Association
Rolling Meadows Renegades
Categories: USA Hockey News