You may be surprised to learn the “hidden” benefits that you receive with your membership like state-of-the-art gold-standard coaches’ education programs to ensure your child’s coach has the most current material to assist your skater in reaching their full potential or the intensive training programs each IHOA official must attend so to ensure quality officiating at all levels.
USA Hockey/AHAI Membership Benefits
Amateur hockey teams that register with AHAI/USA Hockey support the development of the sport from the recreational level through international competition, as well as having their teams benefit from services provided by USA Hockey and AHAI.
Some of the many services provided include:
- USA HOCKEY SAFESPORT TRAINING PROGRAM. The first in the country, in any Sport, to provide online training/education to help our AHAI members become aware of the information necessary to help prevent abuse from occurring in our sport both on and off the ice.
- Official USA Hockey RULE BOOKS are given to each head coach.
- The USA Hockey ANNUAL GUIDE is sent to each team. The Guide outlines all rules governing registrations, tournament rules and the administration of hockey in the USA.
- ZERO, HAT TRICK, AND PLAYMAKER awards are provided to all registered teams. State, District and National Championship Tournaments are provided and fully staffed.
- USA HOCKEY MAGAZINE is sent to each registered player and coach, nine issues a year.
- AHAI resolves all disputes, rule interpretations and disciplinary actions which result from amateur hockey activities in Illinois.
- All USA Hockey publications are available to its registered members.
- A Team/Association website is FREE to all registered members.
- USA Hockey and AHAI Coaching Education Program Seminars are conducted for its members including House Leagues.
- AHAI COMMITTEES are available to assist its members on such topics as House Leagues, Youth Teams and Tournaments, Learn-to-Skate Player Development, Programs, Safety and Protection, Publicity, Adult/Old Timers, High School, Juniors, in an effort to provide recreational and competitive hockey within Illinois.
- USA Hockey provides liability, excess medical and Directors & Liability, and Crime insurance to its members.
- OLYMPIC DEVELOPMENT FESTIVALS are offered for boys and girls who may be sent onto international competition representing the U.S.
- AHAI STATE TOURNAMENTS are organized at all levels from Squirt to Adult and they are hosted by those organizations who register their teams.
- AHAI and IHOA provide insurance and an intensive training program for all officials to provide quality officiating at all levels.
- AHAI conducts an “OPPORTUNITIES IN HOCKEY” SEMINAR outlining the various opportunities in education and hockey after high school.
- AHAI conducts various skill clinics for House League players to improve their skill development over the course of the playing season.
- AHAI provides hockey for everyBODY. This includes the Tomahawk Program for kids with special needs, the Hornets Sled Hockey Program for kids with physical disabilities and the “Hockey Is for Everyone” Program for kids who are economically disadvantaged.
- AHAI assists the Chicago Blackhawk Alumni Association with providing college scholarships to the most deserving student/athletes. AHAI partners closely with the Chicago Blackhawks to provide a wide range of programs both the ice and in-line areas of hockey.
- FREE BASELINE TESTING through the A Step aHead Program for all AHAI Members aged 13 through 18.
- CONCUSSION CARDS for every coach to use as a reference.
- AHAI conducts an annual HOCKEY MOMS’ NIGHT in conjunction with the Chicago Blackhawks, NorthShore University HealthSystem and Athletico as part of the A Step aHead Program.
- AHAI offers support of the WOUNDED WARRIORS HOCKEY program.