By Grow the Game, KELLY ANTON
Weekends breed tournaments. If you have one coming up, be sure to get ready:
- Get your skates sharpened.
- Retape your stick.
- Check over your equipment, including helmet screws, and replace/repair items as necessary.
- Wash your base layer (such as Underarmour), warm-up suit, skate socks and jerseys.
- Stock up on bananas, turkey, nuts and other foods that fuel hockey players.
- Remember, no video games before hockey games — opt for music instead.
- Going out of town? Pack up your knee hockey pucks and sticks.