Presenting Adult Hockey Clinics by Coach Matt Smith at the brand new Iceland outdoor hockey rink in Niles! Seventeen (17) weeks of hockey clinics for adults on Monday nights beginning November 17th 2014 and ending March 9th 2015. This great newly renovated outdoor rink is refrigerated with a rooftop and locker rooms. It is located adjacent to the Iceland indoor rink.
Two (2) separate skill-level based sessions are available: “Beginner” and “Intermediate and Above”.
Beginner, Monday Nights 7:30-8:40pm – Geared towards players with lesser defined skating and stick skills. These players must have less than 3 years experience. Players should be comfortable skating forwards, but likely have plenty of work to do to improve their skating, stick handling, shooting, and positioning skills.
Intermediate and Above, Monday Nights 8:50pm-10pm – Geared, at a minimum, for players that are comfortable skating both forwards and backwards, and can easily perform a “hockey stop”. These players have played at least 2 years of organized hockey and have a complete understanding of the rules of play.
Full Season Passes (17 sessions), 10-Pack Punch Cards, or limited amounts of single session registrations are available now. Save the most by purchasing a Full Season Pass. If you cannot commit to an entire season, grab a 10-Session Punch Card and come to the sessions you can make. Currently registered players in the league will receive an additional $15 off the season pass or 10-pack.. even more savings! A limited number of single spots will be made available each week.
All sessions will consist of power skating and skills, dynamic drills and small area games, and will be led by experienced Coach Matt Smith.
Hockey is a dynamic, demanding sport. Take your game to the next level and learn how to train to compete, not just participate and go through the motions. We hope to see you on the ice!
Player Requirements: Full hockey equipment is required. You must be 18 or older. Medical insurance is required (USA Hockey does not qualify). Please be prepared with an electronic ID photo of your face to upload during registration (it will be used for your pass/punch card).
Pricing (NEW! Price Drop on 11/11):
Full Season Pass (17 Sessions) = $340 ($119 in savings)
10-Session Punch Card = $220 ($50 in savings)
Single Session = $27
*Multiple registration discount: If you register for two or more of our programs, you will receive the following additional discount(s). Second registration: $15 off, Third registration $25 off, Fourth registration and above $35 off. This discount does not apply to Single Clinic Sessions.
Use promo code “gohawks” to receive $15 off a Full Season Pass or 10-Session Punch Card.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Coach Matt Smith’s Extensive Experience:
USA Hockey National Team Developmental Program (NTDP) – Central Regional Scout (Aug. 2014 to present)
Saddle Stallions Hockey Club – hockey consultant and player development instructor (Aug. 2014 to present)
Evanston Youth Hockey Association – Head Coach, High School Junior Varsity (2013-14)
- In first season with the organization, led the team to the league championship (Sterling Division – lower of two tiers) and lost in the championship game of the league playoffs.
Chicago Outdoor Hockey League – lead skills instructor for adult instructional skates (2012 to present); organized Adult Hockey Camp featuring Don Granato (Head Coach, USA Hockey National Team Development Program)
Oak Park/River Forest High School Hockey Club – hockey consultant to Board (2012-13)
Chicago Jets Hockey Club – youth travel ice hockey
Hockey Director (2007 to May 2012) and Head Coach (1997-99 and 2002 to May 2012)
- Responsible for all hockey programming, both on and off ice, for ten youth travel ice hockey teams (ages 6-14) participating in the Northern Illinois Hockey League (NIHL)
- Hire and oversee coaching staff (approximately 30 in total); principal interface with parent board
- Worked with Don Granato (Head Coach, USA Hockey National Team Development Program) and Kenny McCudden (Skating and Skills Coach, Chicago Wolves) to enhance structure and skills offering for the club
- Intern coach USA Hockey National Team Development Program Boys Select U-17 Camp – St. Cloud, MN (July 2008) – two players on the team drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks
- Helped lead the Spirit of Chicago Pee Wee Selects team in prestigious Lions Cup Tournament – Huddinge, Sweden (March 2010); participation of Jets players continues to this day (four years running)
Other Hockey Related Experience
- USA Hockey Level IV certified coach
- Played four years (1991-95) of varsity hockey (NCAA Division III) at Lawrence University (Appleton, WI); captain of the team senior year
- Minor instructor at CAN/AM and Stars Hockey Camps (Rockford, IL and Guelph, Ontario) during summers of college (1991-95 and 1997)
Categories: Adult Hockey