The 2018 National Hockey Coaches Symposium is fast approaching. The event will be held Aug. 23-26 in Lake Placid, NY. In addition to a great slate of speakers, attendees will participate in on-ice sessions on the two most hallowed ice sheets in USA Hockey history: the Herb Brooks Arena (1980 Rink) and the Jack Shea Arena (1932 Rink).
Dave Starman, CBS Sports Network college hockey game analyst and USA Hockey Coaching Education Program Instructor, will serve as host and emcee for the four-day coaches celebration.
We have a great list of panelists and speakers already lined up (subject to change):
- 1980 Olympic Panel featuring Mike Eruzione, John Harrington, Mark Johnson
- 2018 Olympic Coaches Panel featuring Tony Granato, Robb Stauber, Guy Gosselin
- Mike Sullivan, Pittsburgh Penguins Head Coach
- Jeff Blashill, Detroit Red Wings Head Coach
- Mike Richter, former NHL player/John Vanbiesbrouck, former NHL player and current USA Hockey Assistant
- Executive Director of Hockey Operations
- Seth Appert, USA Hockey National Team Development Program Head Coach
- Bill Beaney, former NCAA Division III Head Coach
- All breakout sessions will have an on-ice component. Attendees will need to bring skates, stick and helmet to participate in these sessions.
To register, and for more information, click on the appropriate link below. Cost is $550 when you register online.
All information regarding the written requirement to receive your Level 5 certification will be provided at the event. There is nothing to be done prior to arriving in Lake Placid.
For specific questions about the event, please contact Alison Raines at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you at this celebration of USA Hockey coaches.