The Chicago Blackhawks ServICE Crew is designed to encourage youth ages 8-18 to take an active role in their community by volunteering and giving back. Participants of the program will be encouraged to spend their free time doing community service projects of their choosing.
Each participant will register with a group and receive a volunteer log sheet to track how many hours they spend doing volunteer projects. Groups can be between 5 and 30 participants, and all must be registered by an adult representative (coach, parent, teacher, etc.). Projects are completely participant-driven and may include anything from cleaning up their neighborhood to making cards for patients at a local hospital.
Each month the adult representative will submit their group’s total hours volunteered and nominate a volunteer of the month. The average for each group will be calculated and winners will be selected. Each month will have a group winner as well as five individual winners.
Here’s how to get your group involved:
- Visit http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/service to register and read more about the program.
- After your group is registered, have your students log their volunteer work for each month.
- Have your group submit each individual volunteer log to you each month (be sure to track total group hours each month for final overall hours).
- On the last Friday of each month you will submit your group’s total hours volunteered online along with a top volunteer of the month.
Great Prizes your students can win:
Five (5) Individual Volunteers of the Month will receive:
- Two game tickets, website recognition and a ServICE Crew t-shirt
- Each nominee will receive a certificate of recognition, even if not selected as a monthly winner.
The top volunteer group of the month will receive:
- A ServICE Crew t-shirt and website recognition
The group with the highest AVERAGE hours volunteered by the end of the program will receive:
- A special volunteer opportunity in the community with a Chicago Blackhawks player
- Video taken at the volunteer opportunity will be featured on the Blackhawks website
*Average is calculated as Total hours/Number of participants in group
Any questions can be directed to Sara Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org