Help the Brent Sopel Foundation support students with Dyslexia. You could win tickets to the 2019 Winter Classic. See the flyer below for details.
The Brent Sopel Story
Brent Sopel is an alumni National Hockey League (NHL) defenseman who played for multiple NHL teams from his initial draft in 1996 through his final NHL season in 2011. Brent was a key defensive part of the 2010 Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks, and was the NHL Player of the Week in 2001 and 2002.
“Hi. I’m Brent Sopel and I achieved NHL success without knowing I had dyslexia. I discovered I had dyslexia when my daughter was diagnosed. Sadly, I was never diagnosed during my childhood, and hence I never received the appropriate teaching methods for me to be successful at traditional learning. Because I struggled in school, instead I focused solely on Hockey. Unfortunately my dyslexia challenges followed me to the NHL and beyond into my next phase of life. Ultimately my dyslexic challenges helped cause personal and family heartache that I am still dealing with today. You can read my story at The Tribune Players Lost in My Mind. After you read my story, I hope you will understand why I founded the Brent Sopel Foundation to help people with Dyslexia…and I hope you will Donate to help us help those like me struggling with dyslexia.”
ATTENTION CLUB PRESIDENTS
Want to help the Brent Sopel Foundation and your hockey club? Ten percent (10%) of your raffle sale proceeds will go back to each hockey club to use as they wish. A free hockey clinic will be provided by Brent Sopel, 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cub Champion to the winning hockey club via a random drawing and to the club with the most raffle ticket sales. Click HERE to download/print flyer with complete details.
1. All ticket sales will be processed on-line and raffle numbers will be sent via email to the purchaser.
2. Go to http://www.BrentSopelFoundation.org click on Enter Raffle.
3. Select the number of tickets to purchase.
4. The buyer will enter name, address, etc. Click Continue.
5. A drop down will appear and select the Hockey Club Name
6. Complete Raffle Purchase.
7. 10% proceeds will be issued to the club President upon the completion of the raffle.
8. GOOD LUCK!!!