USA Hockey Central District
National Select and Development Camps &
Central District Development Camp
Girls Tryout March 20-22, 2020
Arctic Ice Arena 10700 West 160th St. Orland Park, IL 60467
USA Hockey Central District Girl’s Tryout for 2020 will be held at the Arctic Ice Arena in Orland Park, IL March 20-22, 2020. All USA Hockey registered female skaters that wish to try out for USA Hockey National Select Camps as well as the Central District Development Camp MUST attend this tryout to be evaluated. This is an OPEN camp; any female residing in the Central District (WI, IL, MO, KS, NE, IA) is eligible to participate. Last year, over 395 girls participated in the tryout, register between February 1 and February 15 to secure a spot. Cost is $125. Register at centraldistricthockey.org.
Eligible birth year skaters:
- 2006 – Central District Development Camp
- 2005 – Central District Development Camp / USA Hockey 15 Player Development Camp & U18 Select
- 2004 – Central District Development Camp / USA Hockey U18 Select or U16 Development Camp
- 2003 – Central District Development Camp / USA Hockey U18 Select or U17 Development Camp
Visit USA Hockey Girls Player Development for complete details and National Notification Timeline
2007 and younger skaters are NOT eligible to tryout
- Birth Year 2006 Players will be assigned to one of 6 teams. Saturday mid-morning/late afternoon practice (60 min) one small ice 4 vs 4 game Saturday evening and two games Sunday.
- Birth Year 2005 Players will be assigned to one of 6 teams. Friday evening practice (60 min) two games Saturday and one game Sunday AM/PM. All Star Game Sunday Afternoon.
- Birth Year 2004 Players will be assigned to one of 6 teams. Friday evening practice (60 min) two games Saturday and one game Sunday AM. All Star Game Sunday Afternoon.
- Birth Year 2003 Players will be assigned to one of 4 teams. Friday evening practice (60 min) two games Saturday and one game Sunday AM.
- ALL GOALIES will participate in all practice and games, plus will have one 45 min goalie session per birth year Friday or Saturday.
- Registration February 1-15, cost to tryout it $125
- Tryout schedule will be posted March 1
- Team assignments are done randomly – specific team requests because of high school spring sport commitments or church commitments must be emailed to Andy Bradford by February 24. Team assignments will be released March 15.
- All players are expected to participate in all on ice sessions – any exceptions must be approved Andy Bradford (firstname.lastname@example.org) PRIOR to the tryout
- Registration is position specific – i.e. if you register your skater as a FORWARD, she will participate in the tryout and be evaluated as a FORWARD
Important Hotel Information: TBD
- February 1, 2020 – Tryout Registration Opens
- February 15, 2020 – Tryout Registration Closes
- March 1, 2020 – Complete Tryout Schedule Released
- March 15, 2020 – Tryout Roster Assignments Released
- March 20-22, 2020 – Tryout Camp
- April 22, 2020 – Invitations made for Central District Development Camp, Including Alternates
- April 30, 2020 – Deposit for Central District Player Development Camp Due
- May 2020 – USA Hockey National Notifications begin
- June 14-19, 2020 Central District Development Camp Green Bay, WI
- July U18 Select Camp St. Cloud, MN
- July Select 15 Camp St. Cloud, MN
- June U16/17 Development Camp St. Cloud, MN
Contact Andy Bradford, USA Hockey Central Distrtict Girl’s Section Representative email@example.com or 920-676-8812 with additional questions
Highlights of USA Hockey Central District Girls Player Development Camp June 14-19, 2020
Green Bay Wisconsin Cornerstone Community Center
102 players will be invited from 2005/06 birth years and 34 players will be invited from 2004/2003 birth years
Central District Player Development Staff consists of Division I and Division III college coaches and current college-aged players serve as assistants/counselors. Professional off ice strength and conditioning, mental skills, nutrition, NCAA and recruiting, and athletic training provide a USA Hockey American Development Model Train to Train and Learn to Compete focus. Special guest speakers and USA Hockey staff have also previously participated. 24 hour adult supervision is provided throughout the week.
Camp format is based off of National Player Development Camp. On ice sessions are skill based and utilize USA Hockey ADM Principles. A combination of individual and team skills and concepts is utilized, along with camp scrimmages and a competitive “hoist the cup” tournament throughout the week.
High quality training facilities for the camp at the Cornerstone Community Center provide ample locker room space and an excellent off ice training facility. A full service Pro Shop is on site for skate sharpening and other needs. Lodging and meals are provided at the Tundra Lodge, just a few minutes from the Cornerstone Community Center.
Sunday, June 14 check in beginning at 3:00 PM – Camp Concludes Friday, June 19 by Noon. All participants are expected to attend camp for the Entire Week. Do not accept your camp invitation if you are not able to commit to the full week of camp. National Camp selections are strongly encouraged, but not required to attend Central District Camp.