Recently we informed you that by registering as a member of USA Hockey you are automatically enrolled in the USA Hockey insurance program. Your participation and registration with USA Hockey affords you insurance coverage in 5 different areas: Excess Accident, Catastrophic, Liability, Directors & Officers Liability and Crime. In this 5-part series, Central District Risk Manager, Don Allord takes an in depth look at each of the areas of coverage. Part IV of our series focuses on Directors and Officers Liability Insurance and Crime Coverage.
PART IV: DIRECTORS & OFFICERS LIABILITY INSURANCE & CRIME COVERAGE
D&O Liability Insurance
USA Hockey members have coverage to protect themselves and their associations, clubs or teams from the threat of a lawsuit.
- Liability limit of $1,000,000
- Deductible of $5,000 ($15,000 for non-profit Juniors)
- Acts beyond granted authority
- Wrongful termination, rejection or suspension of players or coaches
- Failure to deliver services
- Discrimination (based on age, race, sex, etc.)
- Lack of supervision/improper supervision
- Libel, slander and defamation of character
Directors & Officers coverage is provided for all youth and adult associations, non-profit Juniors and auxiliary organizations whose members are 100% USA Hockey registered.
Member organizations also have a policy to protect themselves against monetary loss caused by an employee or volunteer who might steal funds (theft, embezzlement, etc.).
Coverage for Affiliates and Districts
- Limit of Liability $100,000; Deductible of $10,000
Coverage for Associations, Teams, Clubs and Leagues:
- Limit of liability $50,000; deductible of $1,000
Note: USA Hockey’s crime coverage may not be adequate for all member organizations. Some organizations may control funds in excess of the maximum limits above. USA Hockey suggests that all member organizations review their exposure and purchase additional coverage where deemed necessary. You may contact K and K Insurance for additional quotes/coverage.