USA Hockey Girls Central District National Camps and
Central District Development Camp Tryout | April 9-11, 2021
USA Hockey Central District Girls’ Tryout for 2021 will be held at Cornerstone Community Center in De Pere, Wisconsin April 9-11, 2021. All USA Hockey registered female skaters that wish to try out for USA Hockey National Select Camps as well as the Central District Development Camp MUST attend this tryout to be evaluated. This is an OPEN camp; any female residing in the Central District (WI, IL, MO, KS, NE, IA) is eligible to participate. In 2019, over 400 girls participated in the tryout, register between February 1 and February 15 to secure a spot. Registration will be limited to the following:
2007 – D-36 F-60 G-18
2006 – D-36 F-60 G-18
2005 – D-36 F-60 G-18
2004 – D-24 F-40 G-12
Late registrations will be placed on a wait list and will only be accepted if spots become available. Cost is $140. Register at centraldistricthockey.org.
Eligible birth year skaters:
- 2007 – Central District Development Camp
- 2006 – Central District Development Camp / USA Hockey 15 Player Development Camp & U18 Select
- 2005 – Central District Development Camp / USA Hockey U18 Select or U16 Development Camp
- 2004 – Central District Development Camp / USA Hockey U18 Select or U17 Development Camp
Visit USA Hockey Girls Player Development for complete details and National Notification Timeline
2008 and younger skaters are NOT eligible to tryout
Birth Year 2007 Players will be assigned to one of 6 teams. Saturday mid-morning/late afternoon practice (60 min) one small ice 4 vs 4 game Saturday evening and two games Sunday.
Birth Year 2006 Players will be assigned to one of 6 teams. Friday evening practice (60 min) two games Saturday and one game Sunday AM/PM. All Star Game Sunday afternoon.
Birth Year 2005 Players will be assigned to one of 6 teams. Friday evening practice (60 min) two games Saturday and one game Sunday AM. All Star Game Sunday afternoon.
Birth Year 2004 Players will be assigned to one of 4 teams. Friday evening practice (60 min) two games Saturday and one game Sunday AM.
ALL GOALIES will participate in all practice and games, plus will have one 45 min goalie session per birth year Friday or Saturday.
- All state and local COVID-19 guidance will be strictly followed. More information will be emailed to registered participants prior to tryout.
- Registration February 1-15, cost to tryout it $140. Players receive tryout jersey and socks.
- Tryout schedule will be posted March 15.
- Team assignments are done randomly – specific team requests because of high school spring sport commitments or church commitments must be emailed to Andy Bradford by March 15. Team assignments will be released April 5.
- All players are expected to participate in all on ice sessions – any exceptions must be approved Andy Bradford firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to the tryout.
- Registration is position specific – i.e. if you register your skater as a FORWARD, she will participate in the tryout and be evaluated as a FORWARD.
- Refunds will be provided due to injury/illness up to one week before tryout. NO REFUNDS for a cancellation other than injury or illness.
- February 1, 2021 – Tryout Registration Opens
- February 15, 2021 – Tryout Registration Closes
- March 15, 2021 – Complete Tryout Schedule Released
- April 5, 2021 – Tryout Roster Assignments Released
- April 9-11, 2021 – Tryout Camp
- April 22, 2021 – Invitations made for Central District Development Camp, Including Alternates
- April 30, 2021 – Deposit for Central District Player Development Camp Due
- May TBD – USA Hockey National Notifications begin
- June 13-18, 2021 Central District Development Camp
- TBD U18 Select Camp St. Cloud, MN
- TBD Select 15 Camp St. Cloud, MN
- TBD U16/17 Development Camp St. Cloud, MN
Contact Andy Bradford, USA Hockey Central District Girl’s Section Representative at email@example.com or 920-676-8812 with additional questions.
Highlights of USA Hockey Central District Girls Player Development Camp June 13-18, 2021
De Pere, Wisconsin Cornerstone Community Center
102 players will be invited from 2006/07 birth years and 34 players will be invited from 2004/05 birth years
Central District Player Development Staff consists of Division I and Division III college coaches and current college-aged players serve as assistants/counselors. Professional off ice strength and conditioning, mental skills, nutrition, NCAA and recruiting, and athletic training provide a USA Hockey American Development Model Train to Train and Learn to Compete focus. Special guest speakers and USA Hockey staff have also previously participated. Twenty-four (24) hour adult supervision is provided throughout the week.
Camp format is based off of National Player Development Camp. On-ice sessions are skill based and utilize USA Hockey ADM Principles. A combination of individual and team skills and concepts is utilized, along with camp scrimmages and a competitive “hoist the cup” tournament throughout the week.
High quality training facilities for the camp at the Cornerstone Community Center provide ample locker room space and an excellent off ice training facility. A full service Pro Shop is on site for skate sharpening and other needs. Lodging and meals are provided at the Tundra Lodge, just a few minutes from the Cornerstone Community Center.
Sunday, June 13 check in beginning at 3:00 PM – Camp Concludes Friday, June 18 by Noon. All participants are expected to attend camp for the Entire Week. Do not accept your camp invitation if you are not able to commit to the full week of camp. National Camp selections are strongly encouraged, but not required to attend Central District Camp.