The position of Recreation Supervisor for the Springfield Park District would be ideal for someone with knowledge youth hockey and/or ice skating programming and has a familiarity with ice rinks. Please see below for full job description. Deadline to apply is Friday, June 11, 2014.
Recreation Supervisor – Nelson Center
Springfield Park District
Department: Nelson Center
Position Title: Recreation Supervisor
Section: Management- Administration
Reporting Authority: Position Reports directly to General Manager
Synopsis of Position:
Primarily responsible for effective and successful development, administration, execution, supervision, and staffing recreation programs; ice skating, hockey, broomball, ice rentals, facility rentals, aquatics, summer day camp, birthday parties, and related activities offered at the Nelson Center in cooperation and under the direction and authority of the General Manager. Position is responsible for assuring appropriate staffing procedures are in place for all program administration/execution. Position takes direction from and reports directly to General Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for administering, developing, implementing, and supervising all facility programs as it pertains to related programs or facility;
– Responsible for supervision, assignment and scheduling of staff as it pertains to programming(skate guards, public skate sessions, rentals, admissions and program staff);
– Responsible for communication of promotional materials, social media updates, flyers, and or brochures for programs in conjunction with and the direction of General Manager;
– Responsible for developing and maintaining attendance records, registrations, fees paid, email list, and related documentation of all programs offered and to report such information to the General Manager;
– Responsible for developing, implementing and administering a program evaluation system for review by General Manager;
– Responsible for assisting in organization and operation of other programs and special events at discretion of General Manager;
– Responsible for development and preparation of program budget information;
– Position will report directly to General Manager;
– Responsible for financial accounting and records for user groups for ice usage, tracking payments, booking ice rentals, and monitoring daily ice schedule;
– Responsible for supervising programs, user group ice rentals, ice rentals, and special events that may include evenings and weekends;
– Position will perform any and all duties as assigned by the General Manager;
– Must be able to read and write and have good command of the English language.
– Good oral and written communication.
– Physical capabilities – lifts 50 pounds, squat, bend and move as necessary for the job.
– Must be able to perform basic mathematics.
– Must have basic proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Word.
– Must possess valid Illinois Driver’s License.
– Must possess professional phone skills and work well with the public.
– Must present a neat and professional appearance.
– Responsible to follow policies and procedures outlined in Springfield Park District employee manual.
– Must live in Sangamon County, in the State of Illinois or must be willing to move to Sangamon County in the State of Illinois within the first 6 months of acceptance of a position with the
Springfield Park District.
Relevant Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration or related field of study or equivalent knowledge and experience gained through prior work experience in area of recreation, ice rink and aquatic programming or
related work experiences;
Revised May 28, 2014